Feb 25, 2013

Valentino Spring 2013 Couture, So Magical!

I really can not get the Valentino spring 2013 couture out of my mind...I know, I know that's so old news (according to fashion time), but it dwells on my mind. I should be talking about the Fall 2013 ready-to-wear shows (oh my gawd, Fendi gave me all sorts of life!), and I will, like I always do.
But back to Valentino, the designers couldn't have described it better: MAGICAL.


And when I saw their moodboard, I fell for the collection even harder, such incredible interpretation.

"where nature meets architecture and science meets spiritual rebirth" - Piccioli


To think so much hard work and pain (and sweat I imagine) produced something so pure, so delicate, so graceful...beautiful.
And it got me dreaming, of a future (soon I hope) when our Nigerian designers (who are doing great as it is) would look beyond the "obvious", and find inspiration from things so abstract it makes the mind wonder, and leaves you in awe when you do get it.

Now who wants to join me in my dreams wearing some couture?! haha!

No comments: